1 the act of cancelling; calling off some arrangement
2 the speech act of revoking or annulling or making void
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act, process, or result of canceling; as, the cancellation of certain words in a contract, or of the contract itself.
- The operation of striking out common factors, in both the dividend and divisor.
- A postmark that marks a postage stamp so as to prevent its reuse.
- In United States intellectual property law, a proceeding in which an interested party seeks to cancel the registration of a trademark or patent.
- Czech: zrušení , storno i of an order
- Dutch: afgelasting (1)
- Hebrew: ביטול (bit'ul) (1)
- Italian: cancellazione (1)
- Swedish: förkortning , strykning
Cancel may refer to:
- Cancellation (mail), in mail, a postal marking applied to a stamp or stationery indicating that the item has been used
- Cancellation (television), the termination of a television series
- "Cancelled" (South Park) an episode of South Park
- Cancellation property, the property that if a * b = a * c then b = c
- Loss of significance when doing calculations with floating point numbers
- Noise cancellation, a method for reducing unwanted sound
- Phase cancellation, the effect of two waves that are out of phase with each other being summed
- Cancel message, in Usenet, a special message used to remove articles posted to news server
- Cancel character, in telecommunication, an indication that the data with which it is associated are in error or are to be disregarded
- Cancellation of removal, a form of immigration relief available to aliens in the United States who be otherwise inadmissible or deportable
- An alternate name for the archangel Camael.
abandonment, abbreviation, abolishment, abolition, abridgment, abrogation, annulment, arabesque, basketry, basketwork, blot, blotting, blotting out, blue-penciling, bowdlerization, cancel, canceling, cancelling, cassation, censoring, censorship, cessation, counterbalancing, countermand, counterorder, cross-hatching, crossing-out, defeasance, deletion, discontinuance, editing, effacement, elimination, erasure, expunction, expurgation, filigree, frank, fret, fretwork, frustration, grace period, grate, grating, grid, gridiron, grille, grillwork, hachure, hatching, interlacement, intertexture, intertwinement, invalidation, lace, lacery, lacework, lacing, lattice, latticework, mesh, meshes, meshwork, moratorium, net, netting, network, neutralization, nullification, obliteration, offsetting, omission, plexure, plexus, postage, postage stamp, postmark, raddle, recall, recantation, renege, repeal, rescinding, rescindment, rescission, reticle, reticulation, reticule, reticulum, retraction, reversal, revocation, revoke, revokement, riddle, screen, screening, scrubbing, setting aside, sieve, stamp, stoppage, striking, suppression, suspension, termination, texture, thwarting, tissue, tracery, trellis, trelliswork, undoing, vacation, vacatur, vitiation, voidance, voiding, waiver, waiving, washing out, wattle, weave, weaving, web, webbing, webwork, weft, wicker, wickerwork, wiping out, withdrawal, write-off